HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
The erstwhile “Shishu Shiksha Kendra” was established as a pre-primary school on 07th September 1976. Gradually as it gained popularity, the need for expansion was felt and higher classes were added. During July 1991. Classes were added upto class VI and the school was renamed “Army School Khaprail”.
In the Same session the school as recognised by and affiliated to CBSE upto middle classes.
The school was registered with AWES w.e.f. 01 April 1993 and Army School, Khaprail.
The school has now been upgraded to Senior Secondary level w.e.f. 01 April 2003 and continues to grow from strength to strength achieving one milestone after the other.
On 1st April 2007 the school was renamed as Army School, Sukna.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- Aims at quality education in pursuit of excellence in all fields and life itself.
- Propagates patriotic, social and ethical values for responsible citizenship.
- Ensures physical, mental and moral growth of the students and creates in them a zest for learning.
- Enlarges the mental horizons and broadens the outlook of the students through training in co-operation, consideration, team spirit and service.
- Judiciously arouses their aesthetic sense and inculcates habits of personal as well as social hygiene for a happy and healthy life.
- Assists them in enjoying their leisure through healthy recreational activities and hobbies as well as correct reading habits for a lifetime of pleasure and joy.
THE SCHOOL MANAGEMENT
There is a three tier organisation to plan, organise coordinate and conduct the affairs of the Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) and Army School all over the country in Army Stations. The Board of Governors and the Executive Committee at the Army Head Quarters plan and issue guidelines and policy decisions for a uniform and smooth functioning of the Army Schools.
The Management Committee of Army School, Sukna is responsible for local management and administration of the school.
The details of summer, autumn and winter vacations and other holidays to be observed by the shool during the session shall be notified in the school dairy.
The School year is from April to March. The following vacations and breaks are obsered.
|Summer Vacation||50 days|
|Winter Break||10 days|
|Autumn Break||10 days|